Saturday, March 10, 2007

At Home With Titus

This is the first post I am making since Titus has been home with us and wanted to share how he got here first off. Everything went really well on Monday with being induced. The day was long, but labor was actually short. We got to the hospital at 7 and they didn't do anything until about 8:20 and it was a slow go for about 4 hours, not much on the contractions at all. I was getting so frustrated that things weren't rolling along and thought it might be forever till he arrived, but that was about to change. Doc came in at 12:45 and broke my water and I was at 2 cm, 80% effaced. After that I flew and was begging for my epidural at 2:00 p.m. and finally got it a little before 3 since they had to give me fluids. Then, they had to give me more epidural medication because I could still feel quite a bit. After the extra dose I felt absolutely nothing, you could have cut my legs off and I wouldn't have known. I was ready to push by 5, but waited awhile for the doctor and nursery staff and 8 contractions later I had Titus at 5:53. I might have pushed 10 min. total. Very good all in all with the labor and delivery. After I delivered though I felt horrible soon after. I had miserable nausea, threw up 5 times and the shakes four an hour or so. The feeling returning to my legs wasn't real pleasant either. But, after that I felt great! The recovery process has been much easier this second go around. I only had 1 stitch and have been able to move around much better. We got home from the hospital about 7:30 on Wednesday night. It was a very quiet couple of days with Justice being at his Mimi's house for us to rest with Titus being home.

Titus has been absolutely wonderful. He has been such a sweetheart baby. He has taken to nursing so well and I am so relieved after Justice was so hard to get to nurse the first week. Titus has had no problems there. He sleeps, eats, poops, has some awake time, and that is about it. Not a fussy baby. I hope he continues to do so well. We are blessed! I just love him so, so much and after everything we have gone through with him I am that much more in love with him and so thankful to God for bringing him to us.

Justice got home on Friday night and hasn't had much to adjust to really. He has noticed Titus and tries to touch him, but he isn't very gentle so we really have to watch him. He has done well though and has shown no issues yet. He is really very independent so I don't expect too much in the way of jealousy. We are trying to keep his routine in tact which helps I think. I am just so nervous about handling the boys on my own soon. Ron took off while I was in the hospital and went back to work after we got home. I had no trouble keeping Titus home alone, but am concerned about doing it all myself soon. I think I will call on my mom to help out a few days next week till I get the hang of a routine going. Well, that is all for now. I will end by saying life is just so sweet these early days of babyhood and I am trying to soak up each moment because it goes by so fast and as I look at my 19 mos. old it is really amazing to think of him that little. Blessings!


Dawn said...

I know you will do just fine! What a precious family, and you are definitely blessed!

Jen said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. I've been thinking about you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, although I'm sure you'll do fine. He's truly a sweetheart.


Magnolia Mom said...

I'm SO behind. For some reason, my bloglines hasn't been updating all the blogs, so I've gotten really behind. Congrats on the baby! He looks precious. I think I saw your hubby walking in the neighborhood the other day.