Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Banner done by YellowRose at http://www.yellowrosesgarden.com/
Happy Thursday!
Thirteen Random Thoughts From Me:
  1. Ahhh...finally a new look for my Thursday Thirteen. I have wanted to do a new look for so long and finally here it is. I love my new banner! Yay! What do you think?
  2. My SIL is being induced on Friday with her 5th child. Awhile back I posted about her indecision over the name, between Seth and Benjamin. Well, she went with Isaac, a name I had actually had for our second boy. But, since that may be a ways down the road I blessed her with using my name since she actually knew I wanted this name, but her mom told her that should be his name and she had a dream the night before that about the baby's name being Isaac. Now, I need another boy's name. We have Luke on the table right now. The problem would be that Luke sounds more like a middle name.
  3. Ron's sister is due with her first baby, a boy next week. Baby boy's all over the place. Another friend of mine had her second boy on June 16th less than a year after her first son--that was quick.
  4. Ashley at http://labellavista06.blogspot.com/ is having a biopsy to check out a swollen lymph node tomorrow. Please say a prayer for her. She is very nervous. Pray God resolves the issue with ease.
  5. Only a little over a month until Justice's 1st birthday and I have no idea what to do. I need suggestions for a tight budget. Also, do we have a party with his little playmates or just family? Or both?
  6. The 4th of July is coming up. Guess what we have going on--the Lake again. Don't get me wrong, I love the lake, but since having Justice it makes it a little more challenging. For one thing, the place is no where near childproofed and is a very rustic lakehouse, so Justice will probably have to spend a good deal of time in the playyard. But it will be fun to get him out in the water as always.
  7. My doggie Joy got a hair cut today, she looks more like the picture I posted on Sunday. She is again a miss priss. She has red and blue bows for the 4th in her hair. So cute!
  8. I bought 4 newish books for Justice today at the Mission Thrift Store for $1.00. I love reading to him so much and he eats it up.
  9. I am again in cleaning mode. I have been doing so much better. I am trying to make better use of my time and get my house in order so it doesn't take that long to pick it up.
  10. Summer TV stinks and it is making me wish for new seasons of my favorite shows. I can't wait for the new seasons of Gilmore Girls, Deal/No Deal, Life with Brian (new show with Matt from 7th Heaven), and I will have to wait until January (sad) for American Idol. Man!
  11. I have decided not to dignify the book or views of Linda Hirshman and her attack on the stay at home moms on my blog by even commenting on it other than to say it is nonsense and a bunch of hooey!
  12. I am trying to cut back on my daily sugar intake. My drinks each day are all pretty sugary--juice, coke, and sweet tea. So what I have done is mixed 1 quart sweet tea sweetened with 1/2 cup sugar with 1 quart of a half of a crystal lite rasperry tea pack. It makes a yummy, summery drink.
  13. Justice is teething again. I feel so sorry for my little spud. He cried out twice in the middle of the night last night and has been generally ornery the last few days. He is cutting his eye teeth and these are apparently harder ones to cut as they are the pokey ones. No fun. I hate to see him uncomfortable.

    Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
    1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



45 comments:

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I LOVE your new banner. Isn't it fun to give your blog a little "fashion makeover!"

I bet that Joy looks really cute after her beauty appt. and the new ribbons.

I will definitely pray for your friend having the biopsy. I know that God will be with her!

Lazy Daisy said...

Cute banner...very summerish. How wonderful of you to bless her with a name you cherished. When you need a new boy name I'm sure there will be a special one that's just right. Blessings. My TT is up.

Cristina said...

What a cute little boy you have!

You asked about 1st birthday party ideas...I just had a party for my son with his little playmates and our family. It worked out great to have both, but I have a pretty small family so there were only about 20 people there altogether. I just didn't want the stress of planning two events. That was the main reason I combined.

Anyways, thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Very nice to meet you! :)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Firstly, Advanced Happy Birthday to Justice. Since you asked...usually here, when it's the first birthday party it's always a bash but if as you said budget really is tight, then maybe you can just have relatives come over and spend it with you.
Thanks for visiting.

Red said...

Love the summery banner! How easy is it to create one of them? Any advice would be appreciated!

I do like Seth (in case you’re looking for inspiration for your second boy), but I also loooove Elliott.

Oh, and good luck with cutting down on your sugar intake just as Baby Justice is teething...! ;D

Red Queen said...

Ashley has been prayed for. Never allow anyone to make you feel bad for staying home with your child- you are blessed to do so and they share in all those blessings for the rest of their lives. Try FlyLady.com for the most effective method for housekeeping I have seen.
Be Blessed today- enjoy the weekend and I love the jewelry.

Unknown said...

Absolutely love your new banner...so pretty....great TT this week. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Mine is up also.
Cheers,
Carol

Anonymous said...

I don't watch hardly any tv at all except for ALias and Idol. Alias is cancelled and American Idol is not on until next year. Hello..netflix!

Stephanie said...

Very Random Thoughts. Hehe, that is usually my whole life... random thoughts.

Poor Justice! I hope he feels better.

My TT is up.

Darla said...

Love the banner!

My two cents on the 1st birthday--it's much more for the adults than for the child--at least in my experience. Every one I've held or attended has ended with the birthday child overwhelmed and in tears. We kept it low-key for the younger kids and everyone was much happier.

Strong Enough said...

Great new banner! Love it! Saying my prayers for Ashley!

Maribeth said...

I agree about summer TV.
BTW,
My middle name is Jewel! I thought I was the only one in the world with this name!

Dawn said...

I totally agree with very low key first birthday parties. It is a waste to spend lots of money when the guest of honor doesn't have a clue what's going on. Just be sure to have lots of frosting that he can get into and you have great pictures! A picnic in the park with everyone pitching in is the best idea I can think of.

Carmen said...

wow, I'll stay away from you. Babies being born all around you. :) (But I'm sure it's great for THEM!)

Anonymous said...

the banner is pretty cute! summer tv DOES suck... I'd say just a family party for #1- actually until they got old enough to ask at my house! especially if you have lots of cousins to come.

Unknown said...

For some reason, I thought Gilmore Girls was done now...like that last season was it for them. Guess I was wrong.

Norma said...

Vacations with kids are always I challenge, I found. When they are not toddlers in non-childproof houses, they are finding the darndest kids to play with!

Anonymous said...

We always did family type parties for 1st birthdays with ours. I loved being a stay at home mom too!

Sherri said...

good to hear about all those babies on the way!

we make homemade iced tea by brewing normal tea and then I sweeten it with stevia (which is natural and no calorie) and add a bit of lemon. It's delish!

Thanks for visiting my 13! :)

Jen said...

My sister took my son's name out from under us, she was 6 weeks farther along than I was when we had our boys. It wasn't her fault, though, we'd been keeping it a secret so she had no way of knowing. :-)

Maybe you could use Lucas? That sounds more first-namey. I don't know, just trying to help...

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I love your son's name! My son, Justin,is 5, but when we had his 1st birthday, we just kept it to close family, took lots of pictures. They won't remember their first birthday, so I wanted to save the big splash for when he was older and would enjoy it more and remember it. Whatever you decide, it will be terrific.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy T13. :)

Amanda said...

I am getting ready to plan Ella's first birthday too. I am having a BBQ- with friends and family that can be here. NO theme or special prep.-just a fun celebration-any reason to BBQ!!!
Sugar- I need to cut down too- I did the south beach diet for awhile and did great cutting the sugar out, but it has slowly crept back in.

YellowRose said...

I like your banner...*wink wink*

As for being a SAHM, I have been one pretty much the majority of my children's lives, they are now 21 & 18, it was the best decision I ever made! Don't ever let someone make you second quess your choice.
And that 1st birthday party, keep it small and intimate with just family, he'll never remember it! No sense in wasting a bunch of money on it...wait for that, those parties will come in the future, believe me! ;)

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner, looks great, very summery. I wish I could go to a lake house for the 4th, we go to a huge family get-together at my husband's, mother's family. Ack, send me to the lake, please :)

I love mixing tea and Crystal Light, yummy :)

Have a great day, I played too...

One Scrappy Gal said...

I think that Luke is a beautiful name.

I will think good thoughts for Ashley. :(

Susan said...

This is a GREAT banner and quite a full list. I came over here from another blog where you commented that you liked Clay Aiken...me too.

Hope all the deliveries, and doctor visits go well.

Keep that first birthday simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't remember it and it's a great day to get family together and eat some cake and celebrate your precioius little gift.

My TT is up here. Drop by for a visit sometime!!

GreekGoddess said...

I LOVE the name Luke !! And yeah new banners looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, I'll be back. Oh and love the handbags and jewelry. I miss my site, I made hair bows and bracelets for little girls. I miss doing it so much but just don't have the time.

Thanks for stopping by my T13.

Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

I have to admit that I haven't heard of Linda Hirshman and you have me curious now...guess I need to go do some research.

Natsthename said...

Thanks for visiting my 13!

I can't wait for Gilmore Girls, too. Do you think they'll resolve the Luke/Lorelei thing?

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Praying for your friend.

And thanks for visiting my T13.

Anonymous said...

I recently wrecked my blog template too and now my hands shake to even go into it. I used make jewelry too and being a fulltime mom was the highlight of my life. My sons are grown and I can say from experience.... with attachment parenting everything you do comes back 10 fold when they are older.

I don't understand the initials SIL. People use initials a lot on the internet and I never understand them.

Thanks for coming over. Did you pop some bubble wrap?

Anonymous said...

I've been doing alot of #9 too; it does seem if things are more organized it is easier to clean. Cute little Justice! :) I keep seeing his picture under "Football, sleep, and fabric softeners". Good luck with your lake house trip! :) I hope the teething eases up soon too!

Amy said...

I love the banner! I don't have any suggestions for the party besides maybe just having a cookout w/ cake? Have people bring a dish to pass? Those are my only thoughts..sorry! Thanks for the visit too!

Anonymous said...

I miss the good TV too, especially Gilmore Girls!

Blog said...

nice list! totally agree with the Hirschman comment. She was way off base.

Anonymous said...

First of all?

I HATE summer t.v. Quite depressing in my opinion. I love my fall/winter T.V. especially since I live in the frozen tundra...nothing else to do!

Secondly?

I'm so furious with the Linda Hirshman book I'm speechless. I wouldn't even know how to begin a post on it. Absolutely ridiculous.

And 1st Birthdays?
When you figure out how to do it on a budget you let me know! I can make the invitations, that's it for now!!

Pixie said...

YellowRose has a few cute banners doesn't she? That one makes me want to go play in the sandbox!

You'll laugh; but I love the name Jackson. Not sure how that would go with Justice; might get ya tongue tied. Both my boys have C names & I almost always say the wrong name. *sigh*

Unless Justice has some playfriends; I say keep the party to family. We did ours in the morning at the park. Family won't care about the cutesy plates; cups & napkins. Oh & some grocery stores will give you a small round cake for free if they know it's his 1st birthday. This way he can dig into his own cake while you guys have a sheetcake of your own. Or the new "thing" is cupcakes. Neo-Pa had a butterfly cupcake cake for her birthday & it worked out great. Walmart does cupcakes in numbers. I think that's what I may do for Pac-Cr's 4th.

:-)

the lizness said...

while I'm just a 13'r visiting and have no kids - I think 1st birthday parties should be family only

Anonymous said...

i like Gilmore Girls and Idol, too!
hey, i like the color of your blog!
thanks for the visit.

mommy to six J's said...

I also enjoy the Gilmore Girls. Have you tried those teething tablets from the health food store also wal-mart has them they are little white tablets and they dissolve right away they are great for teeething babies. Have a great fourth of July.

Anonymous said...

For my kids' first birthdays we had family and a couple of friends [my best friend and her kids]. We either had the parties at home or at a park. We usually have the parties from like 2 to 4 so we don't have to serve lunch or dinner; just cake and ice creama and some beverages. I also make the invites on my computer. I never get special plates and napkins either. At one the kids never cared. They just liked the attention they got from the family. Happy planning on whatever you decide. And good luck on the teething.

Scone said...

Boy, you're busy! Love the banner-- the colors are great and it's very summery.

Anonymous said...

I like the name Nathanael. Hubby won't let me have it though so if we have a boy it will be Nathan. I also like Nicholas.

Anonymous said...

Love the banner! Will have to add this to my list of to-do's when I get home. Count me in for next Thursday!