Monday, July 17, 2006

Toddlerhood Cometh


This picture is from our outing a couple of weeks ago on July 3rd at the Park. He absolutely loves the swing! It was a fun time. He is becoming a toddler everyday more and more. He is pulling up regularly now and becoming much more sturdy with it. I am thankful that getting from a standing back to a sitting position is going well for him. A lot of times babies will pull up and not be able to get back down, but so far so good for us. He is saying more and more words. Recently he has added "baby" and "nose." He loves to point at our noses, mouths, and eyes. He can tell you where mommy's nose is as well. Exploring reaches new heights each day. I discover new places of danger to baby proof and remove from reach. We have the cabinets and drawers off limits now using bungie cords to prevent entry from small little hands. On Saturday Justice got his second hair cut making him look like such a little boy. It is darling! I will post a recent picture soon. We took him to a walk-in salon and they did a great job. There advertisements indicated that they were an all family place and the lady was indeed very experienced with working with infants. It was a trick trying to get him to allow her to trim and move his head around.

Other items of note this week...I have switched to shopping at Kroger for my groceries instead of Wal-Mart. I have discovered that by purchasing the on sale items there that it is not only comparable to Wal-Mart, but in many cases better. It also saves on gas and my sanity. I have always hated to shop at Wal-Mart and it stresses me out each time. My Kroger trips are actually fulfilling as I feel accomplished upon leaving.

Ron and I's 4th anniversary is coming up on August 3rd. Last year's anniversary I spent in labor on our sofa timing contractions. I would like this year to be a little more special. We were going to Six Flags, but changed our plans because childcare fell through and we felt like doing something else anyway. Any ideas for a fun anniversary outing? We have to be local in Auburn for child care purposes and cheap.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

i'm not sure how much this costs and it may be a better family thing but i really want to go to the aquarium in atlanta. our friends from maryland are planning to go on sunday and i'm a little jealous! i think it would be so fun!!

Jen said...

I can't wait to the pictures of Justice's haircut! I'm jealous. I want Megan's hair to grow so I can put it in pig tails. It will come in time. Have fun on your anniversary!

Dawn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates shopping for groceries at Wal-Mart. Sometimes I feel like I'm spending too much by not going out there, but it's a long ways with the cost of gas, and it irritates me every time! North worh it. I shop at King Soopers, which is Kroger products. Besides, I can do it in half the time, because I know where everything is!

Happy anniversary! I hope you think of something to do within the budget, romantic, and fun!

PetiteMommy said...

Awww, the pic of him is too cute! I dont have any really good ideas but I do hope you have lots of fun on your 4th anniversary.