Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sweet Babies


We are just moving along and growing around here. Justice is a month away from turning 2 and Titus is 4 mos. old now. We had Titus' doctor appmnt. and he is doing beautifully. He is 15 lbs. 5 oz. in the 75th percentile for his weight, only 3rd percentile for his length at 22 3/4 inches. The doctor wanted to measure him again after the nurse did to make sure it was accurate as he is so short, but Ron and I both are so the kiddos are just going to be little. Everthing else was great. He just gets cuter and cuter. Ron is getting more fond of him as he gets more interactive. It is hard for daddies since they don't get the bonding of breastfeeding, babies are usually more attached to mommy, and men are just more activity oriented and babies just aren't the first few months of life. But, Titus is starting to get to be more drawn to Ron. Titus spits and makes bubbles with Ron more than with anyone else. It is adorable! I love watching them together. Praise the Lord, Titus is now on a routine. I shouldn't have gotten stressed about it because I am sure Justice was the same way. Titus now goes down about 10 o'clock at night and sleeps till 8, what a blessing! I feel so rested! He naps well too, 1 1/2 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon and a short early evening nap as well. We are doing so good!
Justice is about the same. Not too much new other than every day he picks up more words and forms more sentences, he is such a sponge! I work with him on numbers, letters, and colors here and there. He goes through phases with what he is interested in; balls, Dora, Elmo, etc. We got him a Dora and Diego toothbrush that he loves and says, "I-go and Dora." I-go is what he calls Diego (Dora's cousin for those who don't know).
Events in our life--4th of July and visit with Ron's grandfather and Aunt Joy.
The 4th was on a Wednesday so we stuck around here. We pulled the blow up pool out and let Justice play. I got in the pool with him and we tossed around balls and Daddy would put the sprinkler up and shower Justice and he would yell "Is Rainin'" We BBQued on the front porch and made brownies and Ron and I put Justice to bed before the fireworks, he is a little scared of them right now. But, Ron and I watched them together.
The next day we went to the Lake and had dinner with Ron's grandpa and Aunt Joy who live out of town. It is so neat to have the boys around their great-grandfather. We had such a nice visit and grilled out steaks, yum! Titus took his evening nap and it gave us time to catch up with everyone. It is so good to see family.
That is about it for now. I am enjoying the afternoon doing lots of things I haven't gotten to do as my mother has Justice for night. Ron and I are going to watch a movie tonight since it is so hard to do that anymore as Titus sleep in the livingroom. So, be blessed!
Me and my Guys on 7/4/07

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad to hear that things are settling and going so well for you. Four months seems to be a great milestone!

Anonymous said...

Checking out your blog from the Mommy Community yahoo group - you have beautiful children. Enjoy them as they grow up too fast.

Anonymous said...

Very cute little boys Emily! :)

Jen
Pregnancy Forum