Friday, November 07, 2014

Living With No Regrets

I have a very indecisive nature about me. Ask my mother, she will tell you. She used to hate going to a drive through with me as it would take me 10 minutes to order with cars honking behind her! Not quite that bad, but still true. My indecisiveness comes from a fear of regretting. I don't want to regret anything, even if it is what I want for lunch. I am also a planner and think of all the options and details going into a plan. Often after a decision is made I do feel regret and experience buyer's remorse. I don't take tags off until right before I wear something and try it on again when I get home in case I want to return it. I love my husband's ability to buy something and immediately bring it home take all the tags off and throw them in the dirty clothes hamper to wash (which I think it is weird he washes new clothes, perhaps he thinks someone tried them on and left their microbes behind). Anyway, lately, I am working on myself in this area. I give myself stress and regret with my decisions. I hold back and think too much! So, I have tried to not overthink and to go with my gut instinct.  I pray and give it to God and act on what He leads me to do. It has really helped me ditch the regrets! Regretting only holds me down! God doesn't want me wallowing in regret if it is small or significant, I know God wants me to live in freedom! This is an area that has dragged me down! Not anymore!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" Hebrews 12:1

No comments: