Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What I've Been Up To

It has been a little over 2 months since my last post and the first post of 2015. I have been wanting so badly to be back to blogging! I started out 2015 with a lot of goals and have been working hard at making progress on those goals. It has been an exciting time and I have seen the Lord really move in my life and the life of my family! Last year, 2014, was generally a struggle and I felt a sense of frustration and disappointment at the end of the year with myself. I didn't want 2015 to continue those feelings. There are many things in my life as far as circumstances go that I would love to change and pray for on a regular basis for answers and movement in those areas. However, I knew changes in myself could come much quicker and make an immediate difference in my feelings and overall emotional and physical wellbeing. Things I wanted would also impact my family in a positive way and that was a big deal.

I am no where near where I want to be and it is a process and road I am on.

I decided to go ahead and do my blog post after a pretty stressful day on and off. The day involved several car rides which were less than enjoyable, many requests I made resulted in the word no and sometimes a scream, homework with Titus where I had to redirect many more times than I would have liked to, an abrupt grocery store trip with a tantrum and the evening ended in exhaustion begging my child to please get his pajamas on. I am spent!

I just thought I would share that one way I have been making this year count is to really make the Lord my everything. I really wanted to let Him truly impact me in very practical, tangible ways. Just to keep things in perspective that He has this life I am living. I am praying more about everything and little things. I added a prayer app on my phone to remind me of prayers and this has helped me keep up a life of prayer, praying throughout the day. I really take note and celebrate the little things like finding a missing library book or receiving a needed letter in the mail. I have seen Him at work so much and am treasuring His presence and answered prayers so much! I am turning to Him for everything! I am leaning on Him much more and my spirit can tell the difference!

I hope to share more about what God is doing in my life and what He has shown me to work on this year in coming blog posts!

No comments: