Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Anything and Everything

I cannot believe it has been nearly a month since my last post. I am just busy up to my elbows with babies, my website, and family. Everyone is healthy. Since my last post, Titus got really bad sick after that post for about a week. We were at the doctor on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Monday that week. He is now on breathing treatments 2 times a day. He is doing so much better now that we are doing those. He is breathing in Pulmicort, which is an asthma preventative.


Titus is growing up so much. He is 3 mos. old today! He is chunking up now to about 13.5 lbs. I weighed him on the 31st of May and he was 12 lbs. 15 oz., so he might even be bigger than that. I go back for his 3 mos. checkup on Friday so we shall see. He is in 3-6 mos. clothes now. He spent a lot of time in preemies and newborn clothes and very little time in 0-3 mos. clothing. It is really hard to snap clothes at the bottom because his thighs are so plump. He makes you just want to eat him up his is so plump and cute! He is responding so much to people. He laughs and coos. He gets so excited and kicks his legs and moves his arms when you talk to him. Sleeping is about the same as always. He wakes at least every 3 hours. Occasionally he will go 5 hours, but that is a rarity. I have tried letting him cry some, but he is persistent. We have a crib now that he sleeps in, usually just the first stretch of the night until I put him in bed with me since it is easier to nurse him and get some sleep at the same time. The crib is actually in the living room and he sleeps in there at night. We have a pack-n-play (portacrib) in Justice's room for him to nap during the day in. We don't want to put Titus in Justice's room for the first stretch of night because Justice usually has a hard time going to sleep and Titus sometimes doesn't go to sleep right away either.

Justice is doing well. He is talking so much more. He loves to tell us when he likes something he says, "I like it!" in the sweetest little voice. He also says "I so funny." He is just putting sentences together so well. He has also picked up the possesive tense by saying "My ball" or "my blakie" for his blanket. He is also getting more sure on his feet and runs pretty good. I have to get a little run going to catch up to him. With his development he is also developing obstinance as he is testing boundaries and trying to get independent. We have to really be firm with him about his fit pitching to get what he wants, especially coming inside after playtime. He is still into Dora, not so much Elmo right now. He will also watch Blues Clues and sometimes Diego in which he calls "I-go." We went to the lake for Memorial Day and this past weekend. He loves the water and it doesn't matter that it is cold. I think he gets a thrill out of the coldness of it. Boy, is it ever tough to keep him out of danger at the lake though. He isn't afraid of anything. Ron had to rescue him as he just dove right in one time. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but if Ron hadn't been right there it would have. We stayed with him the whole time up there. It was fun though. He loves to go "swinning" as he calls it. We took a boat ride the past weekend for Ron's birthday and Justice and Titus both slept as the boat motor lulled them to sleep.

Other events in our lives include Ron's truck dying. We went nearly 3 weeks with one car. It was tough not having a vehicle since Ron had to take my car to go to work. I was stuck at home. We have another car now for Ron and are working on getting a minivan since traveling is really hard in the corolla. We plan on going to NC this fall to see Ron's sister and it is going to be a real need if we make that trip.


Housekeeping is getting easier since we are getting more and more of a routine going. The boys sleep 2-3 hours in the afternoon and I am taking advantage. I would love to nap some, but I feel better with a cleaner house than napping. I get to sleep a little later in the morning, so that is helping. I am posting today because Titus actually woke up early from his nap and I got him back to sleep and couldn't put him back in the room with Justice as I didn't want to wake him up, so he is sleeping in the living room preventing me from cleaning it or the kitchen. But, I really wanted to get back to some blogging. I hope not to go as long again.
Mamaw and Titus at the lake
Justice at the lake (ignore the Bama chair, not ours)
Mommy & Titus Daddy & Titus
Chubbo Baby Titus Busy Justice



2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, my goodness, what a cute little chubbo! Amazing how fast they change, isn't it??

I have checked off and on and today found your new post, but it's dated May 22 and I know I've been here since then. Am I wrong?

I'm glad you're getting into a routine. I do so remember that tug of war between napping and cleaning!

Have a great summer - Kristen needs a minivan, too! I love mine and it makes it so much easier for this grandma's back than getting them all hooked into the back seat of a car.

Jen said...

What cuties!