Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's My Birthday!


Another year to celebrate how blessed I am in life. It is amazing to look over the past year of my life. I found out a week or so after my birthday that we were expecting a boy and that he had his brain issue. We had to wait 19 weeks until we received our miracle that he had been healed and no longer had any fluid in his brain. It was an amazing experience and I grew so much personally through it and am so much stronger because of that trial. Of course in my 25th year of life I was blessed with having my second baby Titus. Twice blessed with two wonderful bouncing boys. I couldn't be happier. My life is all about the boys. I was talking to my dear husband the other day about how excited I was that Titus had eaten sweet potatoes for the first time and thought how dull my life must seem to an outsider that I get so excited about these small things, but I don't care. My life is wonderful. I don't need fancy cars or a planner full of events to attend, I have my boys.


Speaking of the boys. They are growing up so much. Titus I would guess is around 17 1/2 lbs. I haven't had him weighed since a month ago, but I think that is about right. He is 7 mos. now and as adorable as ever. I love holding him. He is so lovable with all that chub to squeeze. His little face is so squnchy, if that is a word. He is scooting backwards now if he stays on his tummy. He rolls back and forth now and has been doing that for a couple of weeks now. He has also been sitting up independently for a month. He is thankfully back to sleeping through the night. He is still saying the same sounds "Buh" "Guh" etc. He is eating good, nursing still pretty often 2-3 hours, sometimes 3 1/2. He eats squash, pears, sweet potatoes and oatmeal cereal that I mix with breastmilk. He gets really excited at mealtimes. I fed him solids after "lunch" and near bedtime. His routine is crazy sometimes, we do the same things everyday, but it doesn't happen at the same time. He goes to bed usually around 10 still, but otherwise naps and eating happen at different times. We still give him his breathing treatments at night and that goes pretty well, usually calming him down. He loves to be held still, talked to. He is very much about exploring and playing with things. He likes activity. He wants to grab whatever is in sight, including some things his brother is playing with. He is now getting mad when something he is playing with is taken away. I just love this age he is at now.


Justice is becoming more and more a little boy. I love him to pieces with his independence and loving nature. He is so funny, he can be so independent, but he wants that love and attention. He runs up to me with arms wide open begging to be picked up and loved on, which I do emphatically. I love to shower him with love. He is still all about rocking to his "moo-kick" or music. His favorite songs are "Who Built the Arc" and "I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N." He colors with his Color Wonder paper and markers. He is still an outdoors boy. When I put his clothes on in the morning he says "Go Side!" I can't put his shoes and socks on until right before we go because he knows that means we are going. He is also a tough little fella, he falls or bumps his head and pretty much everytime he says "Is kay" or "Its Okay." He is having a lot of trouble going to sleep right now and we have to put Titus in the pack-n-play in the living room at night because Justice isn't going to sleep without crying or making noise. It is pretty tough, we are stuck in our room once Titus goes to sleep. He is so much fun though, lots of energy and ready to discover the world around him.


I am blessed!
*the picture was taken when Titus was dedicated at our church on 8/26/07

No comments: