- For those of you who aren't aware from the previous post--I am pregnant!!! I am approx. 8 weeks along and due on March 15, 2007. I had my first doc. appmnt. today and confirmed it. We are very excited to be giving Justice a sibling. He needs one as he is quickly becoming spoiled.
- The all day sickness continues. I don't think it is quite as bad as last week, but it is still nagging. I got a prescription for Raglan, a nausea medicine, from my doc. and will try it tomorrow and hope for good results.
- The next appmnt. I will have an ultrasound to pinpoint how far along I am exactly. Since I was nursing while I got pregnant my doc. wants to make sure it we are correct on the due date. This is exciting since otherwise we would only have one ultrasound at 18 weeks. So, I get to see my baby a little earlier.
- We did have such a good visit with Ron's sister and new nephew this past weekend. We hung out, shopped, and ate amazing food. Owen is adorable and such a good baby. Momma is doing a great job and I am so proud of how she is handling everything.
- I went to lunch with my mother and one of her old childhood friends today. It was a very cool thing that they have kept up with each other over all the years. I don't think I would know how to contact anyone from my elementary school years now, but my mom is 60 and she does.
- Saturday is Justice's 1 year birthday party. I am pumped. I had struggled over what to do for this day and it just all came to me--really I think the Lord helped me to plan it. I don't want to go overboard, but make it special. So, the theme is Auburn Football. Since we are a major football family and are already teaching Justice the fight song I felt it very appropriate. We are also a month away from the season starting. So, that is the theme. We are having it at the Lake and doing a BBQ with family and a few close friends. I can't think of anything better!
- Our anniversary is today! Aug. 3, 2002 Ron and I said our vows of commitment and began our life together. And what a blessed life it is! We are waiting to celebrate it next week and changed our plans to be going to WhiteWater to beat the heat.
- I am having a Southern Living Party next week and have been planning things for that. It is my first home party of this sort. I really signed up to be hostess because the person who did got a little gift basket including cook books, a frozen mug, and the basket of course.
- I took my doggie to the Vet today and she got two shots and a prick to test for heart worms. She did great there, but came home with a fever and a little rash on her tummy. I feel so bad for her. I think she may have had a reaction to the shots. I am keeping an eye on her and might have to take her back to the vet in case she doesn't get any better.
- The Vet bill was expensive too. I am glad I only have to take her once a year for all of this.
- I am starting a Women's Bible Study on Tues. nights and had the first meeting this week. It is going to be so good for me. I will get one night a week to focus on me and my relationship with God. It will be wonderful!
- Gosh I am tired. With all I am planning and events going on it is hard, being pregnant doesn't help either. I look forward to mid-August when life will slow down briefly before fall kicks in.
- Have I said how personally blessed I am lately. I truly am! My son gets cuter and cuter each day. He is such a good baby. Being so sick as I am he couldn't be doing better. I am able to lay on the couch and he just crawls around playing and giggling. He is now adding a couple of words a weeks and the list is just growing--this week he has added "see" and is working on "soft." My husband has also been wonderful and helping out around the house. I know it is hard coming home from a long day's work to doing chores, but he is a trooper. Also, I haven't cooked in awhile and he has been great about it. The Lord is good!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants