Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Peek at the Baby


With my last pregnancy I did not get to have an ultrasound this early, 11 weeks, but with this one my doc wanted one since I was breastfeeding at the time of conception and wanted to nail down a due date. So, I went in for the u/s today. It was so amazing! The baby was already so developed for being so early in my pregnancy. Two arms, two legs. I could make out fingers. The baby moved. It was just incredible to see my baby inside of me when I don't look like anything is going on, it is just this precious little secret I am carrying. Incredible!
* This image is the birth stone for March as I am due 3/14/06

I don't know what all I have reported on this site, but it has been a week and a half since I last nursed Justice. I weaned him before my trip to Atlanta. It went very well and I don't have any sadness, I guess partly because I will be breastfeeding another little one very soon. Since I took a month and a week to wean him it was so slow and gradual that we both had time to adjust and there was even a bit of joy when I last fed him. It felt good to know I had gone to a year and was proud of the accomplishment and not sad to be ending our nursing career. Justice today also only took one nap, he had been taking two. I had been having some trouble with his naps, getting him down and his afternoon nap kept getting so late. So, today I tried just keeping him up and had a couple of fussy moments, but he stuck through it. After he had his lunch, he perked up and played for awhile and went to sleep at a little before 2 and right now it is a little before 4 and he is still sleeping. I won't wake him!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

isn't it fun to have an ultrasound early? i had one at 9 weeks but i couldn't tell anything. then at 12 weeks one of the nurses in labor and delivery did a little bitty ultrasound for me (it was this little portable machine) and i saw her moving. it was really cool. she mashed around and the baby jumped. of course at that time i thought it was a "he" too :)
i love aquamarines! it is my birthstone too (march 16th).
one nap a day--i really don't look forward to that. i live for her 2 naps everyday!!
little bit started saying 'mama' today...my heart melted in a bajillion pieces!!!

Magnolia Mom said...

Yay! That is so exciting! T baby will be 3 on March 7th.

Jen said...

Congrats again! BTW we are only down to 1 nap now too. She naps longer and now I can go run errands in the morning if I want. It's so nice.

Dawn said...

Oh, the memories!

Kristen said...

Oh, I loved, loved, loved ultra sounds when I was pregnant. I had several with both my pregnancies and even video taped one of them. It is so amazing to be able to see that little one inside of you! I think it was one of my favorite things of pregnancy. :-)

Weaning and taking away one nap are big milestones. A little bittersweet for me, but at least you know you have another one on the way. I think I'm not having anymore, so every milestone is so precious!

I can't wait to hear about your continued journey through this pregnancy. :-)

1girl2boys said...

Wow, that's great! Ultrasounds are always so exciting. My first was at 14 weeks, because we had a suspicion there were two in there. And there were, but it was really hard to see. No fingers and toes to see at that point. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Dionna Sanchez said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog - and for your prayers. :)

Michelle said...

How exciting! We had so many ultrasounds with our son, but our first was around the same time as yours. It is just so amazing.

I'm glad that weaning Justice went well. I am a little worried about it when it comes time.

Petite Mom Blogger said...

I'm glad you got to have a US this early. That's good. It is always amazing to see! Again, congrats!

PixiePincessMom said...

I haven't visited in awhile after losing all my bookmarks & look what I miss! A 1st birthday & a pregnancy!! Congrats! March is a FABULOUS month to be born *wink wink*.