Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Peek at the Baby


With my last pregnancy I did not get to have an ultrasound this early, 11 weeks, but with this one my doc wanted one since I was breastfeeding at the time of conception and wanted to nail down a due date. So, I went in for the u/s today. It was so amazing! The baby was already so developed for being so early in my pregnancy. Two arms, two legs. I could make out fingers. The baby moved. It was just incredible to see my baby inside of me when I don't look like anything is going on, it is just this precious little secret I am carrying. Incredible!
* This image is the birth stone for March as I am due 3/14/06

I don't know what all I have reported on this site, but it has been a week and a half since I last nursed Justice. I weaned him before my trip to Atlanta. It went very well and I don't have any sadness, I guess partly because I will be breastfeeding another little one very soon. Since I took a month and a week to wean him it was so slow and gradual that we both had time to adjust and there was even a bit of joy when I last fed him. It felt good to know I had gone to a year and was proud of the accomplishment and not sad to be ending our nursing career. Justice today also only took one nap, he had been taking two. I had been having some trouble with his naps, getting him down and his afternoon nap kept getting so late. So, today I tried just keeping him up and had a couple of fussy moments, but he stuck through it. After he had his lunch, he perked up and played for awhile and went to sleep at a little before 2 and right now it is a little before 4 and he is still sleeping. I won't wake him!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

isn't it fun to have an ultrasound early? i had one at 9 weeks but i couldn't tell anything. then at 12 weeks one of the nurses in labor and delivery did a little bitty ultrasound for me (it was this little portable machine) and i saw her moving. it was really cool. she mashed around and the baby jumped. of course at that time i thought it was a "he" too :)
i love aquamarines! it is my birthstone too (march 16th).
one nap a day--i really don't look forward to that. i live for her 2 naps everyday!!
little bit started saying 'mama' today...my heart melted in a bajillion pieces!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is so exciting! T baby will be 3 on March 7th.

Jen said...

Congrats again! BTW we are only down to 1 nap now too. She naps longer and now I can go run errands in the morning if I want. It's so nice.

Dawn said...

Oh, the memories!

Kristen said...

Oh, I loved, loved, loved ultra sounds when I was pregnant. I had several with both my pregnancies and even video taped one of them. It is so amazing to be able to see that little one inside of you! I think it was one of my favorite things of pregnancy. :-)

Weaning and taking away one nap are big milestones. A little bittersweet for me, but at least you know you have another one on the way. I think I'm not having anymore, so every milestone is so precious!

I can't wait to hear about your continued journey through this pregnancy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! Ultrasounds are always so exciting. My first was at 14 weeks, because we had a suspicion there were two in there. And there were, but it was really hard to see. No fingers and toes to see at that point. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Dionna said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog - and for your prayers. :)

PetiteMommy said...

I'm glad you got to have a US this early. That's good. It is always amazing to see! Again, congrats!

Pixie said...

I haven't visited in awhile after losing all my bookmarks & look what I miss! A 1st birthday & a pregnancy!! Congrats! March is a FABULOUS month to be born *wink wink*.